I'm always on the hunt for horse care tips, especially when it comes to tail love! There are few things more satisfying than the look and feel of a full, healthy tail. So, here are the five best tips I found:
- Braid: A single braid with a rubber band will help maintain the quality of your horse's tail.
- Tail bag: Keep your horse's tail out of the dirt and muck with a lycra tail bag.
- Shampoo and condition: Make sure and wash your horse's tail once a week to keep it clean. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly, then leave in a quarter size amount of conditioner.
- Separate: After applying the conditioner, carefully separate the tangles in your horse's tail with your fingers. Rather than brushing, detangle gently and work conditioner further into the tail.
- Trim: A trim every once in a while will keep the ends of your horse's tail thick and strong!
And by following these tips, maybe someday you'll have a tail like this beauty captured by Kirstie Marie Photography!