By RockN W Report Intern, Paige Brandon
Instead of creating New Year’s Resolutions, focus your around a word that motivates you to achieve your goals. Some examples include:
- Money. Focus your year around earning and saving money. You can do this by creating budgets for spending on shopping, experiences, and more. You can also budget for money spent while on the rodeo road!
- Adventure. Try new things in 2019! Some examples include trying a new jackpot series, traveling somewhere new, taking a lesson in a different discipline, and more.
- Experience. Spend a year experiencing new opportunities and building your resume. Join a new club, learn a new activity, the opportunities are endless!
- Learning. Use the new year as a way to learn more. Some ways to do this include going to some clinics, researching a topic of interest, reading more books, taking a class available at a local college, and the like.
- Health. Spend time in the upcoming year taking care of yourself and learning how to pamper yourself. Plan time to workout, eat healthier, drink more water, start journaling, and other similar activities.
- Faith. Take time to work on your faith. Attend church, join a ministry group, and more.
- Persevere. Work harder in the new year. Work harder towards your goals and in your career. Focus on achieving at least one of your goals in the new year!
- Volunteer. Give back to your community and to others in the coming months. Devote your time to volunteering at least once a month, donate money to a charity of your choice or donate a can of food every time you grocery shop.
- Relationships. Focus on spending time with friends and family. Dedicate and plan time throughout each month to hang out with your friends and see your family.
- Clean. Clean out your house, your car, and your life. Say goodbye to toxic friendships and old clothes. Once you cleanse yourself and clean your assets, you will feel refreshed and ready to take on the year.