By RockN W Report Intern, Paige Brandon
Cowgirls do not always find themselves in a floor length dress, with curled hair and a corsage on their wrist. When prom season comes rolling around in the spring, it can be foreign territory for some of us. Here are a few ways to keep it true to your roots while dressing it up for prom!
- Wear boots instead of heels. Instead of trying to dance the night away in a pair of uncomfortable heels, wear your nice boots. There are so many styles that can look good with dresses!
- Add silver conchos to your hair. An easy way to dress up your hair is to add silver conchos that will look great with your dress!
- Wear turquoise jewelry. Keep it western by wearing turquoise jewelry with your fancy dress.
- Wear tooled leather heels. If you are set on wearing heels, wear ones that have tooled leather. You can get these custom to fit your look!
- Add a western clutch. Find a clutch with beading, tooled leather or fringe to add a subtle western hint to your prom look.
- Add a western jacket. Have your date wear a western-style or vintage sport jacket. If you do not have a date, wear your own western style jacket. You can wear a jean jacket, a leather jackets with embroidery and more!
- Have a western inspired corsage. For example, you can use wildflowers or sunflowers along with burlap to add a southern charm to the corsage.
- Take your prom pictures with one of your animals.
- Have your man wear a bolo instead of a tie. The tie of the west, the bolo, is a great way to keep it punchy at prom!
- Have your date wear western or turquoise cufflinks. It is the subtlest way to add a touch of western glamour to your prom.