By Paige Brandon
Jewelry brings an outfit together better than any other accessory, by adding sophistication. It catches the eye and brings attention, causing people to stop and stare. However, it can be hard to figure out how to pair it to perfectly fit your outfit. Here are a few ways to add the flawless finishing touches to an outfit:
- Pair silver jewelry with more silver. It keeps the colors consistent, creating a sleek look.
- Just like silver, pair gold jewelry with other gold jewelry. This too brings a certain elegance to any outfit.
- Layer necklaces of differing lengths to bring a beautiful visualization to your outfit.
- Focus your jewelry on complimenting the colors of your outfit. For example, warm tones go with gold and cool tones go with silver.
- Wear necklaces that go with the shape of your neckline. Unsure of how to do this? Refer to the previous blog post, “Necklaces for Necklines.”
- Pair your jewelry based on the patterns of your outfit. Shirts or dresses with bright patterns should be paired with dainty and light jewelry. Solid color outfits can be paired with statement pieces and chunkier jewelry.
- Pay attention to the thickness of your jewelry. Thinner necklaces and jewelry go better when paired together, whereas chunkier necklaces look amazing as stand alone, statement pieces.
- Base the jewelry you wear on your hairstyle. For example, having your hair up allows for attention to be drawn by larger earrings.
- Use jewelry to add a pop of color to your style. Use this when wearing solid colors such as black or white, or to tie together a certain piece of clothing you wish to accentuate.
All of these depends on personal preference and the outfit you are wearing. Go with your gut and pair what feels right to you with your outfit!